Sunday, June 25, 2017

Final Ride back to Turku

Nothing much of note here except that my GPS was misbehaving and I led the group a few kilometers astray at one point. Later on it was still a little off but I rebooted it and we all made it expediently back to the bike shop to return our bikes in Turku.

The bike shop was closed with a note saying to lock the bikes in the back yard and drop the keys off in the mail slot.  This we did and then walked the few blocks back to the Sokos Hamburger Bors hotel.

That evening we had a celebratory farewell dinner as most were leaving early the next morning.  I was glad to have met such a wonderful group and we've exchanged e-addresses.

I had an 11:30 train to Helsinki the next day so I got to sleep in and have a leisurely morning before my trip and second stay at the Sokos Vaakuna where I got a 9th floor single room with balcony.

My last night in Helsinki was rainy and I got up early to catch the I train to the airport where I am currently composing this post.  A 7 hour layover gave me a chance to walk down to the sea and back.

Waiting for the Train to Helsinki


They Take Cars on Some Trains



My 9th Floor Room in Helsinki



View of the Station Square


Walking to Keflavik
Lupin Land



Keflavik Waterfront




I'll be back in Ottawa after a 5 hour layover in Toronto.
There'll probably be a postscript post when I get some photos off my phone and do a few movies.

Jim






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great bike adventure. Finland will be one of the country I will have to check out.

    Safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete