Friday, June 16, 2017

Not Turku Yet, on the Megastar Crossing to Finland

We did a l few leisurely strolls this morning and visited a few small museums before retrieving our bags from the hotel and walking to the ferry terminal.

I've reviewed the Turku weather for my upcoming rides.  The two potentially rainy days fortunately coincide with the multi-ferry and the rest day so I think my soggy days will be minimal.

Bob was coughing for a few days at the start and now I've got it.  Wracking cough and constant blowing nose - I think I may have to carry a roll of paper towels.

Still a few days to clear up but past experience tells me I'll be coughing for a long time yet.

Despite that setback, here are some photos;

Cycling Wear Hasn't Changed That Much


Tallinn City Wall



Parks & Heroes



Pretty House


Tallinn Tram


Signing in to See the KGB


Their Views of the City





KGB Spy Tech



After Friday's Breakfast


One of Many Wall Towers


Wooden Fixer-Upper


Over-the-Top Deco


Flower Stalls and the Old City


OC Transpo Could Learn Something


Mysterious Strand of Indoor/Outdoor Carpeting


Bar at the top of Kiek in de Kök


View from a Tower Window


We Didn't go to the Torture Museum so
this will have to do.





Museum of Stone Carving in the Bastions



 We got back to Helsinki, got the 6 tram to the station and took the 961 to Turku. For a scheduled 2 hour trip it was surprisingly 1/2 hour late pulling in to Turku and was stuffy and hot. A quick meal and a walk along the riverfront has us retiring for the night.  It's 10 minutes to 11 pm and it looks like 4 pm in Ottawa outside.

Locals seem to make the most of this by sitting in groups along the riverbank drinking beer and wine and smoking or crowding one of the many floating restaurants and bars.

The hotel handed me my final documents for my cycle tour so I'll be going over that tomorrow.

Later,
Jim




No comments:

Post a Comment